>From Stephen

> It's more likely that Levi is in on the gag than that
> transmutation from nickel to copper produced "natural"
> isotope ratios in the ash.  The former merely requires
> the assumption that a few humans are acting unusually
> stupid (which happens frequently).  The latter requires
> something close to a miracle (and miracles are very rare).

Stephen, why is it that when expected results (such as in this latest
case, the predicted isotopic shifts don't materialize the way we
assume they should) the suspicion of fraud, misinterpretation of the
data, and/or collusion once again become the most likely explanations
for you.

>From what I have read there remains a lot of carefully measured heat
that can't be explained chemically. Your apparent sudden capitulation
would seem to imply that all that carefully measured heat must be
"fraudulent" as well. I so, I suspect many would beg to differ with
you on that point.

Correct me if I have misinterpreted you, but associating theoretical
expectations that suddenly don't pan out as a reason to suddenly
invalidate the heat measurements, as you seem to be doing here,
strikes me as a defensive tactic, to protect one's psyche from
anticipated disappointment.

For me, based on the fact that the heat measurements appear to be
extremely accurate, the only logical conclusion that I can arrive it
is the simple fact that we don't yet have a decent theory as to what
is really happening. I can live with such mysteries... for now. A
theoretical mystery... what fun! I can live with such mysteries
because the heat measurements appear to be very accurate. For me,
that's what's important.

"Fire... Good! Fire is your friend!"

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson