Hi,
[snip]
>OTOH I suppose we can assume that lots of copper migrated, a little

The problem with this is that the actual container holding the Ni is made of
steel, not copper. The Copper is a second outer container forming the outside of
a water jacket if I understand correctly.
Hence there are only three possible sources of Cu:

1) The welds in the steel container.
2) Transmutation.
3) Fraud. (or misdirection if you prefer).

I doubt there would be enough Cu in the welds to account for the Cu found in the
Ni, and if a large amount of it migrated, then I would expect the container to
fail (perhaps that's one of the problems he's been having?)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html