Based on my experience with many thermal transfer agents for higher
temperatures I think water remains the unique choice . Mercury as used in a
process of converting cyclohexanol to cyclohexanone) is prohibitely
expensive and very toxic- while organic agents as Diphyl (diphenil oxide
plus diphenyl) will rapidly degarde in contact with a very hot surface and
this will lead to fouling. What other possibilities are in your opinion?
Peter.

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania