On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I started by the papers from some guys with the surname Chubb. These are
> theoretical papers, mostly. But it made LENR make a little bit more of
> sense to me since it makes it the same as hot fusion, but in disguise. That
> is, LENR is just an electromagnetic pinch, which causes atoms to collide at
> high energy. Given that there is locally a lot of energy concentrated and
> the nuclear reaction is much more brief than the pinch, the gamma rays are
> shielded.

I'm sorry but if the above information is for me, I don't care about
theoretical papers very much.  I have no problem with the potential
feasibility of comparatively low temperature nuclear reactions.  Perhaps
that's because I am not a nuclear physicist but either way it's fine.  I am
not looking for information on why it might happen.  I am looking for a
"killer" paper that proves it *did* happen.  I keep hearing from Jed
Rothwell and others that such papers are around but whenever I look at
something about cold fusion it's usually theoretical.  If it's a report of
an experiment, it's often unclear what they did and why and how.  In other
cases it's a very brief run and a very small amount of excess energy
measured by a not very good calorimetric methods.  In other experiments,
there is insufficient control (in the scientific sense) and calibration.

I have not found anything compelling to prove that cold fusion has been
achieved.  A single spectacular or at least very clear and convincing NON
THEORETICAL experiment report sort of paper that proves it is all I'm
asking for.