I started by the papers from some guys with the surname Chubb. These are
theoretical papers, mostly. But it made LENR make a little bit more of
sense to me since it makes it the same as hot fusion, but in disguise. That
is, LENR is just an electromagnetic pinch, which causes atoms to collide at
high energy. Given that there is locally a lot of energy concentrated and
the nuclear reaction is much more brief than the pinch, the gamma rays are
shielded.