On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote a message that I happened to
> notice:
>

>> Cold fusion is a simple experiment, and anyone should be able to follow
>> the recipe, even if not from scratch. If the material is tricky, get it
>> from someone who claims to be able to make it reproducibly.
>>

> This is one of the most incorrect statements I have ever seen in this
> forum.
>
> Every electrochemist I know says this is one of the hardest experiment
> they ever attempted. Richard Oriani said it was the hardest he did in his
> 50-year career. He is one of the world's top electrochemists.
>
> Every book and every major paper about this subject says the experiment is
> very difficult.
>
> The depths of Cude's ignorance are beyond belief. He knows NOTHING about
> this subject. NOTHING!!! How could anyone contribute to this forum as much
> as he has, and not notice that people are discussing the difficulties?

You two are arguing different issues.  It may be hard to make a cold fusion
cell but it's hardly necessary.  Given that someone hands you a "core"
device such as one of Rossi's small early E-cats, it is simplicity itself
to hook it up and test it.  yes, you have to be careful to avoid some
obvious sources of calorimetry error instead of doing like Rossi and making
those errors into features, LOL!