On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:13 PM, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson <
svj.orionwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From Giovanni:
>
> > Until LENR is something that every amateur enthusiast can
> > reproduce and post on youtube, it will remain in the realm
> > of pseudoscience.
>
> I disagree with that assumption. What the hell do amateur enthusiasts
> have to do with validation?

For a simple experiment, like cold fusion, if the critical components were
made available, anyone should be able to validate. It doesn't apply to all
phenomena, or all claims.

> Assuming the technology is valid, all I think that would be necessary
> for "LENR" to escape the realm of pseudoscience is for products that
> exploit the technology to be sold off the shelves of Home Depot and
> Wall Mart.

When that happens, amateurs will be able to buy them and validate the
claims. So you agree after all.