Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

The details of the development of intelligence gathering platforms are
> always protected from public and congressional oversight by the black
> budget process were only a total budgetary figure is available.

No, they are not. Programs are protected only because there are so many of
them that Congressional oversight is overwhelmed. Some members of Congress,
on some committees, can see anything they want. The hearings are kept
secret, but the Representatives have full access. I am sure they would have
access to the purchase order for a cold fusion reactor, since nothing about
cold fusion is classified. It does not exist, according to the government.

Furthermore, Washington is as a leaky as a sieve. If anyone, anywhere in
the government bought a 1 MW cold fusion reactor, I am sure the news of it
would reach Robert Park and the mass media in a few days. They would raise
hell. This would be a tremendous scandal, on the scale of the Solandra
bankruptcy. The administration knows that. They would NEVER approve such a
thing. If someone did it secretly, that person would be fired, and hauled
before a Congressional Investigation.