There appears to be some interest in this subject, so I will continue discussing it as long as people want to discuss it by responding. Apoligies to Bill in advance if this is inappropriate.

First, let me make something very clear. My goal in brining up this discussion is to try to draw a parallel between what is happening with Hot Fusion and Darwinian Evolution Theory. Maybe, we can begin to understand the hostility towards Cold Fusion and as part of the Scientific Community, begin to rectify it.

In Hot Fusion, the science appears to be "Established". There are decades of work associated with it. There appears to be some "established" theories. Hence, when people like Parks, Huzienga and others dismiss Cold Fusion out of hand, they are simply appealing to the "Triumph" of the prevailing theories. In their minds, these theories are well founded and well established.

In Darwinism or Neo-Darwinism thought, once again, there "appears" to be some "established" theories (Albeit a theory you can drive a Mack Truck thru.). In the same vein, people like Jed who dismiss Intelligent Design and Creationism as "quack" science, are just as quick to point out the Darwinian Evolution is "fact" just as Parks would point out that Hot Fusion is "fact" to the exclusion of anything else. You see, the point that I am making is that without realizing it, Jed has the same close-minded tendencies as Parks do.

Why doesn't Jed study the principles of Irreducible Complexity, or Specified Complexity, or Biological Chirality, or Abiogenesis, or Improbabality or DNA Information, or Cell complexity, or the Bacterial Flagellum etc. These are legitimate fields of science where there are published papers. I suspect that if I meet Jed in person, and hand him a math paper by Stephen Myers on Specified Complexity and Improbability, he would let that paper drop to the ground without looking at it. Why, because just like Parks, he believes in his pet theory so much, so convinced by its correctness, that he is willing to be "unscientific" and "close minded" about Intelligent Design, while in the same breath accuse Parks of being close minded to Cold Fusion.

Folks, there is a parallel here. We all have our pet "Hot Fusion" theories that we can not and will not deviate from. For Parks, its Hot Fusion, for Jed, its Darwinian Evolution, for me, its Intelligent Design and Creationsim. We are all pretty guilty of close-mindedness and unscientific behavior. Except that, I realize my close-mindedness, Parks do not, and Jed does not seem to.

Now, to respond to Harry's points:

Yes, it is normal for a theory to have holes and shortcomings, while the basic idea is still "useful". I think Quantum Mechanics falls in that category. But the issue with Darwinian Evolution theory is that there is a "hole" the size of an aircraft carrier at the center of the theory. There is a enormous improbability problem at the heart of Darwinian and NeoDarwinian theory. Huxley, a staunch Darwinian Evolutionists, who made many assumptions favorable to Darwinian Evolution theory, still end up calculating that the odds for the Darwinian Evolution of a Horse at 10^300,000. (That's a number with 300,000 zeroes.) Just to put this is perspective, anything with odds of less than 10^50 is considered in Statistics to be an "Impossible" event. There are only 10^98 atoms in our known Universe. (If I remember correctly.) Even if the universe was a Billion Billion Billion Billion Billio Billion Billion times older than it's currently acceptable "Big Bang" age, that would still not leave enough time to evolve a horse based on the Gradual Natural Selection premise of Darwinian Evolution Theory.

Folks, Darwinian Evolution Theory is DEAD. Science and math killed it. Let us mourn Darwinian Evolution Theory just as we mourn the death of Hot Fusion theory.

Jojo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harry Veeder" <hveeder...@gmail.com>