At 03:07 PM 7/11/2012, Axil Axil wrote:

Could this be an indication of the establishment of entangled electron states resulting in mass increase related to heavy electrons? Recently, heavy electrons have been shown to be an indicator of an onset of superconductive conditions.

Axil

Gee, how could I say?

Could it be the first indication of Higgs Boson effects at low energies?

Gee, how could I say?

Doorbell rings. Could it be some million-dollar giveaway?

How could I say? Maybe I'll just answer the door and see who is there.

*What is this effect? Under what conditions does it happen? What can be seen to be consistent about it? Anything?*

What torpedoed the discovery of the FPHE in the first place was speculation about the cause, with most of the physics community imagining that if it was real, it must be X, and X wouldn't look like this, therefore it wasn't real. And most of the few others imagining that it was Y, which was preposterous and with very little foundation and certainly no proof.

And only a few actually persisting with the question, "How does this behave? What actually happens?"

As evidence from these few accumulated, we came to the point where we can actually say a little that is solid.

We still don't know what the hell is going on, really, but we can now say that the probability is very high that the FPHE is a result of deuterium being transmuted to helium. How? We don't know. Lots of people have lots of guesses.

In order to discriminate between these guesses, we need a lot more data. We do not collect data sitting at a computer screen typing out our opinions, fantasies, nor even what we know. I am, with this request for information, beginning the process of gathering what is actually known, as to a detail that might have some significance.

When what is known has been collected and collated, further experiment may be suggested. That's how science actually works, other than through sheer luck.

We do know, now, that Pons and Fleischmann were very lucky, If their batch of palladium had been ordinary, they would probably have seen nothing.