I wrote:

> What I like about strong magnetic fields is that they bring gamma
> quenching just a little bit more into the realm of possibility.  They
> could, for instance, lead to synchrotron radiation, although synchrotron
> radiation might imply a 511 keV peak.

I omitted the important point about pair production -- it's the pair
production that could potentially imply a 511 keV peak (I'm not sure).
 What I should have said is that it might be possible to have gamma
quenching, perhaps assisted by synchrotron radiation or perhaps not,
without necessarily getting to pair production.

Eric