First, Papp did not use hydrogen. He may have used chlorine as a secret
enhancement. Chlorine produces an excimer laser (sometimes more correctly
called an exciplex laser) is a form of ultraviolet laser in the Papp engine
when combined with various noble gases.

An excerpt from my monograph on the Papp engine to be published sometime
this summer as follows:

The study of Xenon is currently a large field of physics and chemistry in
its own right. Xenon is an uncommon element in the way it behaves.

For one thing, Xenon will convert nuclear radiation into charged electrons
which makes xenon pass a current as low as one volt as a conductive
thermionic diode in nuclear reactors.

In plain language, Xenon converts high energy EMF radiation into electrons.
Xenon is easily ionized and can develop very large positive charge.

Xenon forms clusters when it is cooled. But this cooling that we are
talking about here is the removal or transition of the various kinds of
kinetic energy that the Xenon atom possesses.

This cooling can be done through the transfer of translational, rotational
and vibrational energy to another atom. For example, Krypton atoms serve
this function as a cooling agent of Xenon.

In explanation, when Xenon is forced to move in a coherent direction in a
group, translational, rotational and vibrational energy is converted to
directional energy and the Xenon atoms are cooled but still energetic.

Typical set-up for cooling noble gases is the supersonic beam technique.

Such cooling can be done using radio frequency when the ionized Xenon atoms
are forced to move back and forth in unison. Any kinetic energy that the
Xenon atoms have is converted to directional energy.

So in plain language, Radio frequency will catalyze the formation of Xenon
clusters as the atoms of Xenon are cooled by coherent motion.

*The Roundup*

Think of a collection of Noble gas atoms as a herd of cattle. To begin with
the cattle roam around on the prairie aimlessly with boundless energy but
not applied to any purpose. To build a herd for a cattle drive, the
cowpunchers prod the cattle into a tight bunch during the roundup. Then the
drovers get the cattle to all go in the same direction as a herd. The
drovers pack them close, shoulder to short ribs. The cows have little room
but to march forward hardly able to move their heads. The cattle are all
contented and well behaved and centered on the mindless march forward, but
they are still are exerting a large amount of energy as they stumble
forward to cover ground.

In this analogy, the cowpokes are radio frequency radiation (RF) and the
constraining coils. Papp talks about using RF in his engines.

Xenon is easy to excite using RF because its binding energy is low: many
orders of magnitude lower than hydrogen. The RF also produces clusters
because the RF get noble gas atoms to all go in the same direction and the
coils pack them tight.. Xenon strongly interacts with RF because these
molecules have good dipole characteristics like water.

Noble gases can combine and readily form clusters that can be very complex.

For example, Helium and Xenon form a family of atomic clusters that behaves
like argon.

Excited Clusters have a positively charged ionic core composed of possibly
hundreds or thousands of ionized atoms. Around this core of positive charge
ions swarm a loosely connected flight of electrons orbiting on the outside
of the cluster core and can be easily removed from the cluster by
ionization.

cheers:    axil