Jones, these theoretical speculations have not been applied to cold fusion
simply because they have no relationship to showing how to make the effect work
on demand or to showing how the chemical environment plays a role. These are
examples of mental games physics encourages that may or may not have any
relationship to reality. Only years of effort supported by significant funding
would be required to determine if these ideas have any value to physics or to
LENR.

Right now, we need to determine how to make LENR work on demand. This means we
need to understand the NAE. The details that these speculations address will be
explored later by future graduate students.

The discussions on Vortex would also be more useful if they focused on the NAE
and how it can be created in real materials.

Ed Storms