David,

I have focused on high powered, pulsed Doppler, so I cannot comment on
radio.  I liked Jones' post about a powered receiver and not high powered
transmitters. Maybe low power GPS instead of high powered radar. I am a
chemical engineer and the first thing I noticed in addition to the dying
fish due to hypoxia is the appearance of more sinkholes (in limestone)
around microwave towers in Florida.  The microwave towers appear to be
dissolving limestone in Florida at a higher rate. (no statistics yet, just
maps).

http://sdsimonson.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/rf-and-microwave-stations-and-sinkholes-in-florida.png

Download Google Earth FCC file
here:<https://productforums.google.com/forum/embed/#!topic/gec-dynamic-data-layers/VKAkuBNWtC8>

You can download/insert the Sinkhole image from
here<http://www.insurancejournal.com/img/articles/fl-sinkhole-map.jpg>