I agree that there should be no new physics involved except for some form of
unknown interaction between here and the source of the signals.  I suppose we
are left with a question as to whether or not sufficient data is available
about closer super nova as compared with those far removed.

It would not surprise me in the least to find that photons behave differently
than neutrinos as they travel throughout vast spatial distances.
Electromagnetic fields interact with just about everything in space while
neutrinos are moving freely except for the effects of gravity.  It is exciting
to find an unexpected difference which might reveal new phenomena.

Now, how many relatively close by nova do they have as reference?  It still
seems unusual that several hours elapses before the visual light emerges under
normal conditions.  Could it be that measuring the neutrino arrival times is
difficult due to low count numbers?  Seems like only a few are captured during
an event.

Does anyone know of sets of data that show how consistent the two arrival times
have been measured in the past, as that would be interesting to compare?  It
would also be revealing to know how long the neutrino event lasts since that
would imply how long the star remains intact.

Dave