I'm a bit confused about this. Can anyone please explain the reply system?

Surely many off-list replies are sent purely because this odd system of not being able to reply to the list solely by just hitting reply. If you reply to all, then you are sending two messages, which I find unnecessary, and if you want to just reply to the list, which IMO is mostly what people want/should be doing, you have to replay to all, then delete the individual's address and then move the WAMUG address to the the correct box. This doesn't happen in any other list/forum I subscribe to and I find it a pain, what's the reason?

Thanks, Matt.