Hi Ronni

Yes you are right, Cath has my email as per my previous post to you and hasnt
created her own yet.
I had completely forgotten that (brain is fried from not much sleep due to lots
of lightning and thunder the last 2 nights down here!!), so I guess I cant use
mine until she changes hers would that be correct?

Since I had originally created her ID using my email, could I go in and create
a new one with her email and password or would I have to do that with her
iphone (she is still at work)? If I cant use my iphone, could I use her mac
laptop?

I wont even go to the Apple store until I sort this big mess out!!

Thanks heaps for your advice Ronni...I guess Im almost got it sussed

Best regards

Chris

On 12/12/2012, at 3:05 PM, Ronni Brown wrote:

> [...]
>>>     • A device can only sync with one iTunes library at a time.
>>>     • Syncing a device with a new iTunes library disassociates it from the
>>> previous library (and deletes the media synced from the previous library
>>> from the device).
>>>     • iCloud accounts store contacts, schedules and email and have little
>>> to do with your iTunes content.
>>> You probably want separate iCloud accounts unless your wife wants to get
>>> reminders for your appointments and vice versa.
>>> Given this information, there are a couple of solutions.
>>>
>>> Solution 1:
>>>
>>> You and your wife use separate iTunes accounts with separate iTunes
>>> Libraries, on two different computers.
>>>
>>> Here, you each keep your stuff separate, but you can authorize her iTunes
>>> library to use media from your account and vice versa.
>>> See Apple knowledgebase article: <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420>
>>>
>>> You still will want different iCloud accounts (if you are using iCloud).
>>>
>>> Solution 2:
>>>
>>> You use separate iTunes libraries, separate iTunes accounts, but your wife
>>> can sign into your iTunes account in the App Store app on her iPhone and
>>> download any of your previous purchases.
>>>
>>> From Apple knowledgebase article ht1311:
>>> <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311>
>>>
>>> "The account ID that was synced to the device is displayed at the bottom of
>>> each page [in the App Store or iTunes apps], so you'll always know what
>>> account you are using on the device.
>>>
>>> Simply open iTunes or the App Store on your iOS device and scroll to the
>>> bottom of any page to see which account is currently in use.
>>> You can also see this in Settings under the Store option."
>>>
>>> I would recommend  Solution 1:
>>> Then you each have your own Apple ID's, your own iTunes Libraries, Media,
>>> Books, Apps etc.
>>>
>>> I would most definitely recommend using two separate Apple ID's for iCloud
>>> syncing.
>>> While you can have multiple devices attached to a single Apple ID (as you
>>> do with your iPhone and iPad), all of the same information will be pushed
>>> to all devices, meaning you would not have the ability to maintain discrete
>>> contacts, calendars, bookmarks, etc.
>>>
>>> Apple ID's in general, and for iCloud use in particular, are really
>>> designed to be single user identifiers.
>>>
>>> The good news is that using two separate iCloud ID's does not prohibit you
>>> and your wife, from still sharing App Store purchases.
>>> iOS devices maintain separate login information for iCloud syncing, App
>>> Store and iTunes account info.
>>>
>>> So if you decide to go with Solution 1:
>>>
>>> A) If your Wife does NOT already have an Apple ID she needs to "Create an
>>> Apple ID" at the link I supplied previously:
>>> <https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/>
>>>
>>> B) If she already DOES have an Apple ID (but her iPhone is showing your
>>> Apple ID, as your email address is showing.
>>> 1. On her iPhone Go to: Settings > iTunes & App Stores >tap the Apple ID
>>> shown
>>> 2. Sign out.