Hi Alex

You can't do it from within iTunes, as it would be bypass Apple's DRM (as Ronni
mentioned).
Basically to get iTunes off the ground years ago, Apple had to work around
things to get the music companies on board (loooong story which I won't go
into).
To do that, they had to "lock" what the iPod could do, and the way music could
go. i.e. it can only go from iTunes to iPod and not the other way. This was to
stop people taking their music they bough and ripping it back to someone else's
music collection and vice versa. (hey, you buy $100 worth of music, I buy $100
worth of music. We rip it to each other collection and have $200 of music). I'm
not saying everyone would do this, i'm just using this as an example to help
explain it :o)
(And not implying you would either, just trying to show why it's done that way).

The way around it to get back music that is yours, is to use either of a
program called iRip (used to be called iPodRip but they got asked to change
their name) or Senuti (which is iTunes spelt backwards,..get
it,..backwards,..like taking your music backwards from your iPod to iTunes.
Clever eh!) :o)

iRip can be downloaded from here
<http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/>

Senuti can be downloaded from here
<http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/>

Neither program is free but they do let you try it to see if it's going to do
what you want.

I've used iRip a few times for clients who've lost music on their main machine
but it's still on their iPod and they need to get it back. I've found it works
really well and bought it years ago. Actually I really like a lot of the apps
from The Little App Factory, they make some great stuff.

Hope that info helps!

Kind regards
Daniel
---