From: wamug@wamug.org.au
Sent:Fri, 05 Oct 2012 07:36:52 +0800
Subject:Re: Apple Id - now iTunes query

 Hi Alex,

 I'm rushing out to see a client now, but I will reply to your query
ASAP after I return home.
 Hopefully later this morning.

 A few questions for you to answer please:

 What OS X is the new iMac running OS X 10.?   10.6.8
 What version of iTunes 10.?, 9.?        10.6.1 (7)
 Is the NEW iTunes Library Empty?     NO
 If not what does it have in it? Just music or Books etc & iTunes
Store purchases?    Music, 1 movie - incs iTunes Store purchases,
some music purchased from JB etc

 Does the iPod only have Music on it?      YES + 1 (?) video
(video not important)
 Or does it have photos as well?      NO
 Is there any iTunes Purchased music (Apple's DRM) songs which need to
be authorised for every Mac they're played on?    Prob only this
Mac. Not sure what "Apple's DRM" means?

 I'll get back to you after your reply to my questions and as soon as
I possibly am able to.

 On 05/10/2012, at 12:41 AM, Alex  wrote:

 > Hi Ronni
 >
 > On 04/10/2012, at 12:25 PM, Ronni Brown wrote:
 >
 >> • A device can only sync with one iTunes library at a time.
 >> • Syncing a device with a new iTunes library disassociates it
from
 >> the previous library (and deletes the media synced from the
previous
 >> library from the device).
 >
 > We had an older iMac which my daughter shared to store her music in

 > iTunes and subsequently transferred to her iPod (Nano, I think).
 > Since we upgraded to a more recent iMac she has complained that
when
 > she connects to it iTunes states that it will delete what is
already
 > on the iPod, even though attempting to manually transfer music.
From
 > what you said above, I guess she is right, although I thought you
 > should be able to manually transfer individual bits & pieces,
rather
 > than syncing? Not using iCloud
 >
 > So how does she keep the old stuff on the iPod & also get to
connect
 > to the new iTunes/iMac & add the new music? Will it be similar to
 > Chris Burton's solution?
 >
 > I unfortunately deleted the iTunes Music folder on the old iMac
after
 > I thought everything had been transferred (but somehow wasn't). Was

 > about to buy Data Rescue 3 this evening, but will hold off until I
get
 > your advice.
 >
 > Really appreciate your work & expertise,
 >
 > Cheers, Alex

 Archives -
 Guidelines -
 Settings & Unsubscribe -