Hi Ronni

thanks a million for your instructions below - only managed to try it
out late Sat night & all worked out well.  My daughter is pleased &
sends her thanks as well.

However, we do have a further question which has arisen from this
issue and that is: is it possible to copy songs FROM the iPod to
iTunes on the iMac?  Have tried but doesn't seem to work.

No rush,  cheers, Alex