Hi Ronni

On 04/10/2012, at 12:25 PM, Ronni Brown wrote:

> • A device can only sync with one iTunes library at a time.
>       • Syncing a device with a new iTunes library disassociates it from
> the previous library (and deletes the media synced from the previous
> library from the device).

We had an older iMac which my daughter shared to store her music in
iTunes and subsequently transferred to her iPod (Nano, I think).
Since we upgraded to a more recent iMac she has complained that when
she connects to it iTunes states that it will delete what is already
on the iPod, even though attempting to manually transfer music.  From
what you said above, I guess she is right, although I thought you
should be able to manually transfer individual bits & pieces, rather
than syncing?  Not using iCloud.

So how does she keep the old stuff on the iPod & also get to connect
to the new iTunes/iMac & add the new music?  Will it be similar to
Chris Burton's solution?

I unfortunately deleted the iTunes Music folder on the old iMac after
I thought everything had been transferred (but somehow wasn't).  Was
about to buy Data Rescue 3 this evening, but will hold off until I get
your advice.

Really appreciate your work & expertise,

Cheers,  Alex