Jennifer,

If I recall, you said you had a number of devices that read the email, and they
were all set up as POP accounts.

Is it possible that someone is reading or has read the emails on another
device, and coincidentally as you view them and roll over them with the
Logitech mouse Mail.app refreshes and the mail disappears, which as far as I
know is what happens with POP accounts.  Also, did you check on all your
accounts that the setup, ie POP or IMAP is the same?

I have several devices that I use to access my emails and use IMAP on all of
them, which to me is the best option for handling email on multiple devices

Tim.