On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:01:19PM +0100, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> Let's all test the new git repositories a bit before moving the
> official repository to it.
>
> Personally I am scared by things like this:
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Dennis Schridde <devuran...@gmx.net> wrote:
> >> Devurandom has convinced me that a shared repository (with multiple
> >> people pushing to) does not work well with git.
>
> So let's not rush wildly into the unknown, even if Buginator is
> hurting and git looks like the next coming of revision control right
> now... ;-)

Perhaps I'm becoming a neo-Luddite or perhaps I've been in this
business too long, but I find the lack of a single shared repository
disturbing.  I do know a software development effort lives and dies on
the basis of its source code management.

The ability to branch freely is great but without a primary location
for the source keeping track of who is 'it' sounds difficult. How do
we keep all the package maintainers connected to what is going on?
I'm betting they run build scripts to do a checkout from the
'official' repository when they go to build.

Color me not totally convinced.
S.

--
Stephen Swaney