Thanks Deb. I am not going to do it. It is hard enough when you do a website for someone who doesn't understand why this happened or why you can't do that . . . (I once had a client not pay me the full amount because a few people complained that they couldn't get to her website. She didn't think that maybe they typed in the address wrong, or weren't connected to the Internet, etc. etc.)

Thanks all for the advice.
Riva

PBC Web Design wrote:

Unless there's something I'm not seeing or not aware of, there is absolutely no way I would work under those conditions. You do the work, you get paid - period. No reputable SEO person would guarantee results. It *can* take a very long time to get good results, sometimes years depending on so many things. You should work for free and hope that down the road you get results so that you get paid? By then - they're going "Riva who?" Not me. Good SEO is ongoing, continuous - not just a one time thing.