>> apache2-web2py
Well I originally launched the same plan as you and we also came too
the same conclusion as you. No way too do it, because of the three
reasons I mentioned before.
guidelines, maintainable, etc

So stick to the original plan. Get a simple version of web2py on air.
With documentation.

And if my project succeeds, it will operate as management layer on top
of it. But that's for later and has an other goal.

If that is done, then we could do the apache package.
apache2-wsgi-web2py
apache2-fastgci-web2py
apache2-proxy-web2py
It is possible, but the last time the packaging got stuck on it.

>> A pending question is how to deal with the needed writing permisions.
If you want a per user instance, don't separate the admin. And keep
the ports in mind. You can't run every instance on the same port and
you can't give all user the same instance. Would be a major security
leak.

Suggestion: don't do per user instance. But use the same structure as
apache. One instance, one user/group.
If needed users can manual create there own instance.

Just too keep it going and to keep focus. I have simple question,
because I'm loosing track of the discussion.
Can you package web2py as you have in mind, besides the writing
rights? Which you will discuss later on I guess.

Mark,