about the book topic, wouldn't it be easier to "upgrade" the old books with
Xcode and wobuilder examples to actual examples with wonder, most of the
topics are still valid starting points but when you are a begginer it's
frustrating to be reading the books and lack to ability to do the examples
because you are not able to grasp how to do all that in eclipse.
I suppouse it would take less work.
and about the "frozen core" conversation, wouldnt it be interesting trying
to do an open version little by little ? or would we be getting sued by
apple just by thinking about it?

I am a begginer myself but I think this is a very amazing tool wit lots of
capabilities and it is still easier to keep enhancing it than finding
something that gets close to it.

Emmanuel~