>> But yes, I've used Cayenne on a couple of projects. As you know it feels a
>> *lot* like EOF and was by far the nicest ORM I could legally use at my
>> previous pure java workplace. (protip: never go anywhere near JPA, it *will*
>> rape your dog and kill your grandmother.) Apart from the technical
>> similarities, Cayenne also has another important thing in common with WO: A
>> good community and an active mailing list full of nice and helpful people,
>> so you never get stuck along the way.
>
> What do you mean by it feels a *lot* like EOF? Is it because the method calls
> look alike?

Cayenne is conceptually very similar to EOF so the API and architecture will
instantly feel familiar to an experienced EOF programmer. Learning Cayenne is
more like learning a dialect than learning a new language.

> Regarding JPA, I've observed since I started working on EOF in 2010, very few
> know about J2EE in this community. JPA is not a standard, it's a
> specification. A clever WO developer can use EOF with JPA too :)

Yes, the JPA is a spec, I just think it is a bad spec :). The Criteria API
alone made me want to grab my head by the eyesockets and remove it from my
torso.

Cheers,
- hugi