I apologize if this has already been suggested or discussed elsewhere, but it
might be a worthwhile exercise to extend the API and feature comparison on the
WIKI (http://wiki.wocommunity.org/display/WO/Alternative+Technologies-Cayenne
... thanks John) in the direction of a roadmap between where we are right now
with EOF and Cayenne and what a Cayenne that includes the best of EOF/Wonder.

I know this is not a trivial task, but if we either extended the existing WIKI
section or created this as an explicit roadmap, it could help focus the
discussion and resources so that we'll at least have a reasonable understanding
(as a community) of what we need to do to get to this integration (and more
fundamentally, if we want to do this). Another benefit from the perspective of
the cayenne community would be to be able to see what features we are looking
for and willing to work on so that it's clear we are not competing with their
roadmap, but perhaps adding "extra lanes" on the road.

It might also help in looking for financial support for elements of the
evolution of cayenne/eof.

I think some version of the feature comparison table and the API comparison
table might suit to start this process. If we look at those tables with an eye
toward how much effort it would take to implement we could begin to prioritize
areas and seek support for projects that are less straight-forward and require
some heavy lifting.

Paul Yu had (what I think is) a very good idea in defining tests for the
functionality that we need. I'm certainly not suggesting this is a trivial
task, but I think defining what success would look like will help us recognize
when we get there.
(Paul, sorry if I've misinterpreted your idea ... but it was hot and the sun
was in my eyes on the forced march back over the bridge)

Any thoughts?

Larry Mills-Gahl