Hi John & Hugi;

True, this is the biggest gap I've come across - I have an app that does
exactly that.  However, there are a few built-in alternatives, namely
SQLTemplate and EJBQLQuery. But if you have a lot of this in your app,
you'll probably want to wait to consider migrating.

In my use of Cayenne I have created a set of objects like f.s. and friends that render to JPQL and in doing this I can't immediately think of any 'blockers'.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay