On 2 Jul 2020, at 20:25, Hugi Thordarson via Webobjects-dev
<webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:

> Many of the issue reporters are still with us. I suggest announcing a short
> grace period where people can look at their own issues (and other issues, of
> course) and add the "keep" label to issues they want to keep. When that grace
> period expires, all unlabeled issues are closed. Worst case scenario: We have
> to re-open a closed issue. Most users probably get an e-mail notification
> when their issues are closed anyway so they can complain at that time :).

I support this approach. Issues that aren't actionable for any of the reasons
you describe should be closed.

> Regarding funding, I would be very willing to operate on some sort of a "per
> feature/issue" basis. I.e. I'd dedicate a fixed amount of money to the
> resolution of an issue. Perhaps that also solves the problem of
> prioritization? I'm guessing the issues most valuable to the community will
> end up being the ones with most funding attached to them.

My preference would be prioritised list + pool of money → work on the list
until the money runs out (just because it's simpler). But I'd participate in
your system too if you want to run it.

> Regarding specific issues, there's one issue I'm *really* interested in: I've
> attempted to do WOLips development on some occasions but always gave up since
> I didn't get everything to work (the docs are kind of convoluted/outdated).
>
> Perhaps I'm just stupid, but if not; I believe we would benefit greatly from
> having a functional, up-to-date step-by-step guide for how to do development
> on WOLips. Teach a man to fish and all that :).

This would be good.

--
Paul Hoadley
https://logicsquad.net/