(Disclaimer - I'm a UTRS Developer)

OTRS is not allowed to handle unblocks because of a statement from the WMF
legal team. It involves the issue of private data retention, and how OTRS
does not have the measures to handle removal of private data.

Your right in the fact that we haven't told administrators specifically to
pass anything not related to unblock to OTRS (not that there is an easy way
for doing this, the interface is not setup to reply except to anyone but
the appealing, plus administrators are not shown the appealing users email
address because it's toolserver which is subject to European laws and
private data + identification to the foundation.

Besides that though, do we really need to tell administrators to ONLY
handle the unblock part and forward ALL unrelated requests to OTRS? Seems
excessive, redundant, and more work on us programmers...something that I
might have been able to help with a few weeks ago, but it's hard now that
i'm in school.

------
DeltaQuad
English Wikipedia Administrator and Checkuser