Oh, it will remain, just internally. Maybe some day it will be replaced
with pure XML, but that day is far away, and by the time it happens editors
aren't supposed to care. (That's just me fantasizing; Parsoid people may
have a different idea.)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬