On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM, River Tarnell
<ri...@loreley.flyingparchment.org.uk> wrote:

> phoebe ayers:
>> River: Well, you say that part of the issue with the toolserver is money and
>> time... and this person that I've been talking to is offering to throw money
>> and time at the problem. So, what can they constructively do?
>
> i think this is being discussed privately now...

If other research groups are interested in contributing to this, who
should they be talking to?

<snip>

> i don't see why access to the toolserver would be restricted to Wikipedia
> editors.  in fact, i'd be happier giving access to a recognised academic
> expert
> than some random guy on Wikipedia.

The converse of this is that some recognized experts would probably
prefer to administer their own server/cluster rather than relying on
some random guy with Wikimedia DE (or wherever) to get things done.

-Robert Rohde