I vote for making the toolserver the head-node to a much larger
beowulf cluster that has a well configured job scheduler. The data
that needs to be crunched is already right there - it makes sense to
put a research cluster there as well.

There will always be a limited supply of resources. Perhaps there
should be a public approval system for the resources, where the
community gets to pick which jobs should get added to the queue based
on public analysis of the code and a description of the computation.

There will be no shortage of participants ;)

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:37 AM, River Tarnell