MGChecker wrote:
>> Links using the pipe-form should not have the link target inflected.
>>This is important, as this is the natural escape route if inflection
>>gives wrong target for whatever reason.
>
>This is what I think is particularly odd about linktrails: Why do links
>like [[Examples|Example]]s have a linktrail? I wouldn't expect it and I
>don't think anyone would, on the contrary I still remember discovering
>this really weird behavior years ago.

I'm not sure I understand. I would expect a link trail with
"[[Examples|Example]]s" since there is a link trail with "[[Example]]s".
I'm not sure why anyone would associate link trail behavior with the
presence or lack of a pipe character. The defining characteristic of link
trails is text being adjacent to "]]", as far as I know.

Is the particular case you mention common? It seems like it would be much
more common for a user to simply write "[[Examples]]" currently to achieve
the same output.

MZMcBride