From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Scottie Arnett
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 10:43 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] [Mikrotik] bittorrents

I think you said it best here:

>Some
> of these downloads are extremely large and difficult to host and
distribute
> of a traditional server because once a large update is released you will
> have tens of thousands people that will download said update within hours.
> Support nightmare to try to get everyone go to a mirror webpage and
> download
> a separate installer with no automatic and slow download speeds.

So as an ISP we should get clobbered with connections and network issues on
our wireless network to take care of the budgets of all these legal places?
Most of these make 10X the profit I do in a year, let them figure out a
better way. Afterall, the customer is wanting their content.

I limit the crap out of torrents. It is a poorly implemented application for
most networks...for wireless networks for sure. I don't care if the
government wants to distribute welfare checks across torrents on my network.
It will work, although slowly. If the government want's to tell me how I can
control my network and makes it law, I will do something else. I am not
trading the big corp software support problem for my own at 10X the less
profit. Hell, I was squirrel hunting when I started my ISP and I still got a
pocket full of shells.

Scottie

Wireless High Speed Broadband service from Info-Ed, Inc. as low as
$30.00/mth.
Check out www.info-ed.com/wireless.html for information.

----