At 8/3/2010 07:39 PM, Mark Nash - Lists wrote:
>Anyone got a 10-foot-pole that I could use to NOT touch this with?
>
>Anyone?  Anyone?

It was suggested that we get hold of some of those hollow fiberglass
insulating poles that electric linemen use for remotely pushing
around the primary wires (15-25kV) atop the poles.  By mounting an
antenna at one end and putting that above the primary, we could put
the radios themselves at the other end, in the "safe" comms space.

That's about what would be needed for this discussion.

IMHO it's relevant to talk about issues of *direct* policy concern to
WISPs, such as the FCC and their policies.  And it's relevant to talk
about how to cope with broader business issues, like getting health
insurance.  But to have general opinion discussions about a
politically-charged complex issue like health insurance is not just
to risk a rat hole, but to dive head first down one.  Farther than
even a lineman's pole could reach.

  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/
  +1 617 795 2701