On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Peter Hull <peterhul...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:56:15 +0100
> > From: n...@panorama9.com
> > > I would start by digitally signing your burn bundle.
> >

> > The bundle is already signed with a Thawte code signing certificate
> The reported file name looks more like it's the extracted engine than your
> bundle itself. Have you signed the engine.

I only think we have signed the bundle, so we are working on signing the
engine and retesting to see if it makes a difference.

> > Either should Trend Micro change there detection mechanism regarding the
> > RunOnce key or
> > the bundling framework of burn should change its default behavior .
> >From the Trend docs I saw it seemed to suggest that 'Malware Behaviour
> Monitoring' could be turned off (indeed, terminating programs like this was
> not the default) and also that signed executables were exempt. So it maybe
> is a bug in Trend that means it doesn't work as documented?

Maybe, but as this is the default setting for a Trend Micro installation it
is quite a problem.

The other thing is that other installers (InstallShield) don't seem to do
> this so does anyone understand how InstallShield handles the reboot issue?

Don't  know , but it could be that  they don't look in the RunOnce key as
default behavior in their engine and thereby don't have this issue ?

Pete

Best Regards
Nikolaj Steensgaard

Panorama9 A/S
Langebrogade 5
1411 Copenhagen K
Phone: +45 7020 3565
Mobile: +45 2124 3040
n...@panorama9.com

Panorama9 is an IT management platform that shows you everything you need
to know about your assets, IT availability, security vulnerabilities, and
non-compliant systems – from a single Dashboard that’s amazingly easy to
monitor and interpret. Your organization can cut IT costs through improved
uptime and as a cloud-based solution, there is no infrastructure to deploy
or manage. For more information - www.panorama9.com