From: "Kim Kruse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] positive-discrimination === not positive and IMG properties

Hi Christian,

From: http://www.sf.id.au/WE05/indexa.html

   * Users that rely upon the keyboard to access web content cannot
access the TITLE text.
* Some users of screen magnifiers will not be able to read the TITLE text.
   * Most users of screen reader software will not be aware of the
TITLE text, some will not be not able to read the TITLE text even if
they know it is there.

I used to have this misconception about title attributes too, that I
could assume every browser displayed them the same and screen readers
would read them. That's not the case. Now I hardly use title
attributes, and instead I put the content into the document where it
belongs.

To add -

If you add a title to a link, some versions of JAWS will read only the title and not the actual link text. It's a maze :-)

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".