On 07/01/2016 05:19, Robert Nobis wrote:
After installing CMake and when I run sudo "/Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake-gui" —install

I get a “No such file or directory”

Here is what I see:

Bobs-Mac-mini:~ N7RJN$ sudo "/Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake-gui" --install Failed: '/usr/local/bin/cmake' -> '/Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake': No such file or directory

When I check the contents of CMake.app, I find that cmake.gui is located in /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin

For example:

Bobs-Mac-mini:~ N7RJN$ ls -l /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/bin
total 56208
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 N7RJN  admin  6474280 Dec  2 09:31 ccmake
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 N7RJN  admin  6499360 Dec  2 09:31 cmake
lrwxr-xr-x 1 N7RJN admin 14 Dec 2 09:31 cmake-gui -> ../MacOS/CMake
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 N7RJN  admin  1093176 Dec  2 09:31 cmakexbuild
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 N7RJN  admin  6969544 Dec  2 09:31 cpack
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 N7RJN  admin  7731644 Dec  2 09:31 ctest
Bobs-Mac-mini:~ N7RJN$

I am obviously doing something wrong, and wonder if anyone else has seen this issue?

Thanks and 73,

Bob  -  N7RJN
Hi Bob,

please start a new e-mail thread for a new topic, it looks like you have replied to an unrelated topic thread and this buries you reply where it may not be noticed.

I think the problem is that the directory where it is trying to install the links is not there. What does the following give:

ls -ld /usr/local/bin

?