That is being addressed in the next release of JTAlert.
#1 It will no longer allow use of the default sound device.#2 It will warn you
if the device changes
That should cover most bases.
de Mike W9MDB

    On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 11:36:15 AM CST, Frederic Beaulieu
<frederic.beaul...@trilliant.com> wrote:

Hi Bill and all,

First, thank you all for your support, it is greatly appreciated!

I think I found the source of the "noise" problem (however the "no audio"
problem still seems to be a mystery for me and many others).

what I forgot to mention was that I'm also using JTAlert with WSJT-X. It
appears that the sound generated by this application (bip for new DXCC, my
callsign, etc) was coming out the USB Audio CODEC Speaker. Turning off the
sound from JTAlert fix my noise problem for good.

I'm still a little bit puzzled regarding the "Windows 10 64-bit audio mixer"
since a lot of applications seem to appears in it without valid reason. If
someone could produce a systematic procedure to avoid sending non-related audio
to the radio speaker, I'm sure everyone will benefit since it is probably the
source of a lot of noise on FT8/FT4 bands.

73,

Fred VE2WFB