From: Andy Durbin <a.dur...@msn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2024 7:28 AM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] ALL.TXT RX freq is not RX DIAL freq

Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to improve my understanding of how WSJT-X frequency
control and reporting is designed to work.  The design may be intuitive for a
VHF/UHF operator but it certainly was not for me as someone who only works HF
and 6 m chasing DX.

I think what I'd like to do is run a few more test to be sure I understand how
it works now and then document what it does.  Perhaps that documentation could
be the basis for a user guide update.

I did re-test tuning by clicking on HDSDR.  As previously reported the rig
frequency changes, the WSJT-X indicated dial frequency changes, but ALL.TXT RX
frequency does not.  (HDSDR, TS-590S, and WSJT-X connected to OmniRig.)

In the past I had created separate frequency lists for each DXpedition and, as
long as the DX only worked on the published frequencies, there would have been
no issue.  Now it seems quite likely that DX will pop up on an unpublished
frequency and, unless the DX is tuned by WSJ-X itself, frequency reporting may
be misleading.

I only found this issue while testing Super Fox mode and I'm looking forward to
working Jarvis for an ATNO.  Thanks to you and the team for this new mode.

73,
Andy, k3wyc