The problem with adding the DF offset is when the frequency is
published/spotted,  (like on QRZ or DXSummit), it is listed as
14.09175...which is NOT the frequency that you need your radio tuned to for
CAT control. If you click on a spot and have CAT control, you will be on
the wrong freq.

In the other method, (without DF offset), the frequency is spotted as
14.091, the radio is tuned to 14.091 if you click on the spot, and you can
see the signal (sync Fo) on 750 Hz (SuperFox).

So for computer control, it is much better to not include the offset in the
frequency in the spot...so you don't have to do math in your head or guess
at the offsets, for your vfo to be set to the proper freq.

73, N0AN

Hasan