What rig do you have that WSJT-X does not follow rig freq changes?
Mike W9MDB

    On Sunday, July 28, 2024 at 09:12:30 AM CDT, Andy Durbin via wsjt-devel
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

 I made a few minor corrections to draft 1 and draft 2 is available at
https://tinyurl.com/2s3drdra
For those that don't wish to follow links I have reproduced the conclusions and
the proposal below.  I don't have the skill or knowledge to code this but I am
willing to test if anyone else decides it is worth coding.  I am also willing
to update the user guide if the proposal is adopted.
Initial conclusions: RX frequency recoded in ALL.TXT  may be misleading unless
the rig dial frequency is set by WSJT-X. RX frequency reported by PSK Reporter
may be misleading unless the rig dial frequency is set by WSJT-X. Logged QSO
frequency appears to be correct regardless of the method used to set rig
frequency. Even if the rig frequency is set by  WSJT-X the frequency display
will be amber on red if there is no matching frequency in the loaded table.
Proposal: It is likely that many HF operators will like to tune to a DXpedition
using any of the rig tuning methods a) through e) described above [see draft
for details].  Sometimes the DXpedition will not be on a published frequency
and there will have been no opportunity to edit the frequency table before
attempting a QSO. To remove the possibility of misleading ALL.TXT and PSK
Reporter frequencies the operator should have the option to designate the
current dial frequency as the reporting frequency. New option
Settings/General/Behavior  - Use dial frequency for reporting When this option
is selected:
   - RX frequency recorded in ALL.TXT shall be displayed dial frequency

   - Frequencies reported to PSK Reporter shall be derived from displayed dial
frequency.

   - The dial frequency display shall be amber on black with no consideration
given to matching the loaded frequency table.

73,Andy, k3wyc