If you're still using my packages, have you read
/usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk/README.Debian ?
yes, right, xdm authorize works :)

APM still hangs my laptop (display doesnt come back)

Keep in mind though that my packages are bleeding edge DRI CVS
snapshots, you may prefer to use Daniel Stone's 4.2.99.x packages.
1) Why?

2) Can I safely uninstall your packages?

3) Why at all? Both knoppix and exactly the same laoptop of my coleague are working without installing latest XFree?

Maybe I am just doing some simple error?

I checked everything, /boot/config, tried 5 different kernel versions...
<_sigh_>

Not sure. First of all, are you sure you haven't mixed up the 'frames in
5 seconds' and FPS values? I ask because it's an easy mistake, and 1200
no no, 1.2 kfps, 6kf/5s

components because the use of interrupts decreases CPU usage (set
RADEON_NO_IRQS=1 to test this).
if I do this I get: 295 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.000 FPS

      * how up to date radeon_dri.so is (the newer the better)
yours

      * how up to date the DRM (radeon.o kernel module) is (the newer
        the better)
yours, I copied radeon.o to my modules

KNOPPIX is older, so why is it faster?

      * whether page flipping (Option "EnablePageFlip", only in 4.2.99.x
        or later) is enabled (page flipping is faster)
      * the AGP transfer rate (beware, anything more than 1x may be
        unstable) and whether AGP fast writes (Option "AGPFastWrite")
        are enabled (may again be unstable)
How do I do that? I didnt find anything in man pages nor in
config/cf/site.def...

thank you,
Dominik

--