Hi,

Following Kevin's comments, I compiled hi-res fb out of the kernel (section: console drivers) and now the display is back after Fn+F3 or suspend but ONLY without X running.

So I have to quit X, suspend, wake up, startx. Not bad, but could be better. Half-done.

I cant use your key combination trick, Kevin, because I cant go back from console to suspended X sesion. Or I dont know how to do it (I press alt+ctrl+F2 to go to console, alt+f1-f5 switch consoles, and alt+F7, which is supposed to bring me back to X, hangs all the display and I dont see nothing anymore.

Would someone please suggest some solution?

thanks
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.