* whether page flipping (Option "EnablePageFlip", only in 4.2.99.x
        or later) is enabled (page flipping is faster)
yes, this is it, it gives the missing 20% performance.

but KNOPPIX doesnt have it in its XF config file......

For your reference, I get 1400-1500 fps on this PowerBook G4/667 with a
Radeon 7500 Mobility running at AGP 4x with fast writes using my
now I get the same.

The important problem is now the sleep mode. Either it hangs or only the display doesnt come back. With the KNOPPIX it was not working either, I had to compile it in the kernel. Then it was working perfect. I installed your packages and it doesnt work anymore.

1) any ideas how to fix it?

2) still: what was I doing wrong with standard xfree. then I go back to it.

3) how do I go back. is it safe to remove the packages?

thank you very much and kind regards,
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.