Hi,

> I'm afraid that I have no idea why the ALT-F7 does not work. On
> FreeBSD it's ALT-F9 to return to X, but that works fine for me.

If I solve it I am done.

display off and on when in hi-resolution. I really think it's a BIOS
issue, though. I may try bugging IBM a bit. They are pretty supportive

My BIOS is oct 2002. Do you think they provide some kind of user upgradeable BIOS images? I will try to contact them, but if you know a link, let me know...

Out of curiosity, are you using APM or ACPI? I'm using APM because of
problems in the IBM ECDT which they have promised to fix.

APM, compiled in, and it was working with 4.2.1 (OpenGL was not working then, that's why the whole story). I have *no* experience with ACPI at all, but I have them as modules.
thanks
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.