On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:03:49AM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> At least for me this creates the problem that when I resond to an
> email on this list (doing a 'respond all') my mailer only uses the
> addresses from the Reply-To: and the Cc: fields.
> If the original author hasn't added himself to Cc: and is not
> on the list he will not get the reply unless I add it by hand
> - which I often forget.
> I don't know if any of this can be fixed in mailman but I'm
> sure it could be fixed by some mail pre- and post-processing.

This is pretty much exactly how the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
works -- you can send messages to it whilst unsubscribed, and it makes sure
the headers will include you in the CC list.  It's scripted, and quite
spiffy.  I'm pretty sure it would be available, if y'all were interested in
it.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c