On Tuesday, May 31, 2011, ED <[email protected]> wrote:

> If Zen is: "Just THIS.", what is the reason orĀ motivationĀ or objective or 
> justification or drive for doing zazen?

Another worthy koan, though I think a cleaner form would be:

chris, if [you agree with Bill!'s formulation that] zen is "Just
THIS!", why do zazen?

(Bearing in mind that you do not do zazen, zazen does the sitter.).

I continue to sit because I am human.  I presume your experience of
Zen training left you with a different perspective.

It is pretty much why I apologize when I step on a person's foot, or
why I put dirty laundry in the washing machine, or pick up trash that
I walk by.  It fits life.

Cheers,

--


------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to